Ageing, Disability and Home Care (ADHC) is part of the Department of Family and Community Services.
The aim of the Department is to provide better and more integrated services for vulnerable client groups in NSW.
ADHC is responsible for providing services and support to:
- older people
- people with a disability
- their families and carers.
Our Deputy Secretary Jim Longley was appointed in July 2012.
We work in partnership with many other organisations to deliver the best possible services to our clients. Our stakeholders include:
- older people, people with a disability, their families and carers
- 900 non-government and local government service providers that we fund to deliver services on our behalf
- non-government organisations
- local, State and Commonwealth government agencies
- peak bodies and industry groups representing older people, people with a disability and their carers
- community agencies and organisations
- regulatory bodies.
Our five core values guide our actions with each other, clients, service providers and other agencies. They form the basis of all business relationships, decisions and actions.
- Client focus – client need is the rationale for our activities
- Equity - equitable and accessible services within available resources
- Integrity – honesty, openness and accountability in dealing with others
- Performance – striving for excellence and continuous improvement
- Valuing people – recognising our people