Draft Service Charter
We have released our draft Ageing, Disability and Home Care (ADHC) Service Charter which outlines the standard of service that people can expect from us.
Information in the draft ADHC Charter includes:
- the role of ADHC in the community and our commitment to people accessing ADHC supports and services
- the standard of service that people accessing supports and services can expect
- the rights and responsibilities of people accessing supports and services, their families and carers
- how people accessing supports and services, their families and carers can help us deliver the best possible service
- the state and national standards that our supports and services are required to comply with
- how to provide feedback or make a complaint about a breach of the Charter or any other issue.
Download the draft Service Charter
- Draft Service Charter - English (PDF)
- Draft Service Charter - Easy English (PDF)
- Draft Service Charter translations: Arabic (PDF), Bengali (PDF), Simplified Chinese (PDF), Traditional Chinese (PDF), Croatian (PDF), Dari (PDF), Dinka (PDF), Farsi (PDF), Filipino (PDF), German (PDF), Greek (PDF), Hindi (PDF), Indonesian (PDF), Italian (PDF), Japanese (PDF), Korean (PDF), Macedonian (PDF), Maltese (PDF), Nepali (PDF), Polish (PDF), Russian (PDF), Serbian (PDF), Shona (PDF), Spanish (PDF), Tamil (PDF), Turkish (PDF), Vietnamese (PDF)
Feedback on the draft ADHC Service Charter
Between 21 February 2013 and 3 April 2013, the draft ADHC Service Charter was open for feedback from people accessing ADHC supports and services, their families, carers, guardians, advocates, ADHC staff, NGOs and their staff.
The purpose of the feedback survey was to collect views on the draft ADHC Service Charter. This feedback is currently being analysed and a summary of all responses will be provided when this is complete. The feedback will be used to inform the final ADHC Service Charter. The summary and the final ADHC Service Charter will be made available on the ADHC website in the near future.
All survey responses collected are anonymous and all information contained in the responses will be treated confidentially.
If you would like to speak to someone to interpret this information, please phone the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450.
If you have any questions about the feedback survey on the draft ADHC Service Charter or the draft ADHC Service Charter, contact ADHC’s Operational Policy Governance Team by email at email@example.com