Ten business streams deliver our services for older people, people with a disability and their carers across six regions in NSW.
We have ten business streams that manage the services we deliver to clients.
- Oversees the development and funding of programs and policies to support people with a disability requiring accommodation options.
Aboriginal Service Development & Delivery
- Develops policies and programs to enhance access to all ADHC programs for Aboriginal communities in NSW.
- Provides strategic advice to ensure inclusive practices for Aboriginal people in mainstream services.
- Responsible for the development and funding of programs related to access to early intervention and prevention services, community based supports, and participation in the community or workforce. Also provides strategic advice to program and policy areas to enhance access for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities.
- Manages the development and funding of programs and policies related to respite services, including respite expansion and integration of a range of respite models.
- Oversees the management of the Home and Community Care (HACC) program for people under the age of 65 or under 50 for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in NSW.
- From July 2012 the Australian Government took full funding, policy and operational responsibility for HACC Program services for older people. This covers people 65 years and over or 50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Works with key stakeholders to improve community care services for older people, including Health.
Contemporary Residential Options
- Responsible for planning for the Large Residential Centres Redevelopment Program through project management, service model planning, co-ordination of project control groups, consultation and communication with stakeholders.
- Manages the Home Care Service of NSW by providing strategic policy direction and undertaking program development activities to enhance service quality for clients, including clients with Acquired Brain Injuries, Acquired Physical Disabilities and Sensory Disabilities.
Large Residential Centres and Specialist Supported Living
- Develops contemporary, supported living options for current residents of large residential centres, focusing on greater links to the community and participation in community activities for clients.
Prevention and Pathways
- Develops policies and strategic initiatives to enhance access to mainstream and community supports.
- Oversees the development of policies and reform agendas to reshape the service system to be person centred and focused on the life span of a person with a disability.
- Oversees the development of policies and funding for the non-government sector to ensure quality services, including building the capacity of the service system to better respond to individual needs.
Clinical Innovation and Governance
- Develops evidence based good practice standards, and leadership in the areas of physiotherapy, speech therapy, psychology, occupational therapy, nursing and health care and behaviour support
- Policy development and strategic advice on mental health issues and the criminal justice system
- State-wide Behaviour Intervention Support and Integrated Services Program management.
These ten business streams are supported by a corporate structure consisting of the following business streams.
- Assets Management and Procurement
- Business Strategy
- Governance and Assurance
- Law and Justice
- Operational Performance
- Strategic Finance
- Strategic Human Resources
Our services are delivered to the community through six regions across NSW: Metro North, Metro South, Hunter, Northern, Southern and Western.
A regional structure helps us to deliver services that are flexible and responsive to the needs of local communities.
Our regions are responsible for:
- delivering services directly to clients
- referring clients to other community services
- working in partnership with the service providers we fund to deliver services to clients.
Each region covers several Local Planning Areas (LPAs). Find your ADHC region.