Living Life My Way
Expanding the availability of individualised funding arrangements in NSW
The Living Life My Way Framework is guiding the expansion of individualised funding arrangements as NSW transitions to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Individualised funding arrangements have been progressively expanded under Stronger Together Two and will be continued under Ready Together: A better future for people with disability in NSW (PDF). Ready Together focuses investment on what people say they most want - more flexibility, more choice and more control - implemented through the Living Life My Way Framework (PDF).
As the NDIS will not be fully operational until 2018 across NSW, implementation of the Living Life My Way Framework presents an opportunity for people with disability to exercise greater choice and control in preparation for their transition to the NDIS. It also provides an opportunity for service providers to increase their NDIS readiness by gradually adapting their organisation to more individualised funding arrangements.
Implementation of the Living Life My Way Framework has commenced with people who have registered an interest in individualised funding arrangements where possible, and where they are ready to make the transition.
Further information about the implementation of individualised funding arrangements under Living Life My Way can be found below:
Fact sheets for people with disability in other languages:
- Arabic (PDF)
- Chinese simplified (PDF)
- Chinese traditional (PDF)
- Greek (PDF)
- Italian (PDF)
- Vietnamese (PDF)
Register your interest in Individualised Funding Arrangements
People must register their interest if they want to receive an individualised funding arrangement. People should register when they:
- want to individualise the funding associated with their supports, currently funded by ADHC (whetherdelivered by ADHC or a non-government organisation), or
- want to combine multiple individualised support packages into a single individualised funding arrangement
Eligibility to transfer to an individualised funding arrangement is based on the program or type of support a person accesses. Not all programs and supports can be individualised at the current time.
People can register interest in receiving an individualised funding arrangement for themselves or a family member by:
- phoning Ageing, Disability and Home Care (ADHC) on 1800 605 489. If you need an interpreter to assist, you can call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) on 131 450 and ask them to telephone the phone number above.
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- completing either one of the following online forms:
- Individual Funding Arrangement request for yourself
- Individual Funding Arrangement request for a friend or family member
Note: Due to an error with our online form, some registrations completed between May – July 2015 may have not been successfully submitted. If you registered within this time and have not been contacted, please use one of the links below to register again.
- contacting your local FACS district office and explaining that you wish to register your interest in an individualised funding arrangement.
People should not register interest in receiving an individual funding arrangement where they:
- do not currently receive any disability supports – people should contact their local FACS district office to determine their eligibility and priority for services first.
- want additional supports - registering interest in individualised funding does not mean that people will receive additional support. People currently receiving supports will typically transition to individualised funding arrangements at their current level of support, and must apply for any additional supports through their local FACS district office. Existing eligibility criteria will apply.
- want to make their support arrangements with their current service provider more flexible – people should talk to their service provider if they want to make their support arrangements more flexible or tailored to their needs.
- want to register for the funding arrangements as NSW transitions to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) – individualised funding arrangements being provided under Living Life My Way are separate to the NDIS. The NDIS is currently being trialled in the Hunter area and will be progressively implemented throughout NSW between 1 July 2016 and 30 June 2018. People can wait until the NDIS is implemented in their area before they individualise their funding if they wish.
Getting Prepared - NSW Capacity Building for People with Disability
The NSW Government has demonstrated its commitment to supporting people with disability, families and carers prepare for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) by investing in a number of projects which have been funded until 30 June 2016.
These projects are supporting people across the state learn about how NSW is transitioning to the NDIS, have the opportunity to develop their skills to enable them to participate confidently in individualised arrangements and connect and share with other people with disability, families and carers.
Learn more about Getting Prepared projects.
Supporting Aboriginal people
The NSW Government recognises that specific initiatives are needed to support Aboriginal people with disability, their families, carers and communities to prepare for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Learn more about Living Life My Way and Aboriginal people.