Learning new skills
We fund organisations to provide two programs for young people with a disability after they leave school:
- Community Participation
- Transition to Work
Through these programs, young people can:
- Work towards their goals
- Prepare for getting a job and learn new skills after leaving school
- Be more involved in their community
- Participate in activities with people of their own age, if they wish to.
We also fund organisations to provide day programs for adults with a disability over 25 years of age so that they can:
- Take part in activities they enjoy
- Learn new skills
- Achieve their goals
- Be part of their community.
Read Aiming high, the stories of 22 adults with a disability who are part of the Life Choices and Active Ageing day programs: