Young people leaving care
The Leaving Care Program supports young people with disability to transition from the parental responsibility of the Minister for Community Services to live as independently as possible in the community.
The program does this by providing person centered transition planning and case management from the age of 15 years and access to:
- Support to make lifestyle choices;
- Training for independence;
- Economic independence;
- Community connection; and
This program is designed for young people with disability who may require access to financial assistance for purchasing services and other program outcomes where appropriate after 18 years of age.
- continuation of current foster/alternate family placements,
- individual or shared private rental or social housing with up to 35 hours per week drop-in support,
- Group Home accommodation,
- transition accommodation and
- flexible packages
For further information, please contact your local ADHC Information, Referral and Intake Service.