Delivering Attendant Care Program services
An Attendant Care Program (ACP) Package provides portable, flexible and individualised support for people with a physical disability and/or who need personal help to complete activities of daily living.
To be eligible for an Attendant Care Program (ACP) package, a person with a disability must be:
- aged 16 to 65 years with a physical disability or need help to complete activities of daily living
- able to live in the community with a capped number of service hours per week, and
- living in their own/family home or in their own leased/shared accommodation.
How to become an approved ACP package provider
Expression of Interest (EOI) are invited periodically to pre-qualify service providers for the ACP. EOIs are publicised in the NSW Government Agencies eTendering website at www.tenders.nsw.gov.au.
Interested organisations can contact the Attendant Care & Physical Disability Unit by mail or email to register their details. They will then be notified when an EOI is advertised.
To become an approved ACP provider organisations must:
- be financially viable
- have the management and administrative structures in place to administer funds and provide a cost effective service
- demonstrate commitment to the principles and objectives of the NSW Disability Services Act
- demonstrate capacity to develop an appropriate service model and meet clients needs
- demonstrate ability to maintain emergency attendant care arrangements
- implement access and equity strategies to ensure equitable access
- demonstrate ability to provide training for carers
- submit financial and statistical returns to ADHC as required under the Funding Agreement.
Policies and procedures
Attendant Care Program Package guidelines (PDF) and Attendant Care Program Package procedures (PDF) for service providers provide information on the roles and responsibilities of service providers, program specifications, and a guide to processes and practice.
The Attendant Care Program Service Review Policy (PDF) provides guidance on the process for regularly reviewing ACP services to ensure that they are responsive to the needs of the person with a disability and delivered in line with the ACP guidelines. The policy also details the conditions under which a service may be discontinued.
For more information
For more information, contact ADHC’s Attendant Care Physical Disability Unit.