Managing your cash flow
As your organisation transitions to fee-for-service arrangements under the NDIS, you will need to be able to effectively identify, forecast and control the flow of money coming in and out of your business.
ADHC worked collaboratively with NGOs to deliver the Cash Flow Analysis project and has explored how NGOs can respond to changes to cash flow associated with the transition to the NDIS.
The resources below will guide your financial staff, operational managers and board members throughout the various stages involved in establishing and maintaining a healthy cash flow. The resources will also provide you with an indication of your current cash flow capabilities, identifying areas of strength and improvement.
- Start here for an introduction to healthy cash flow management.
- Watch the webcast for a summary on healthy cash flow management (3 mins).
- Watch the second webcast for an introduction to the cash management maturity assessment (6 mins).
Cash Management Maturity Assessment (CMMA)
- The CMMA (Excel) is a self guided questionnaire designed to assist your organisation determine its current cash management capabilities and identify the ideal benchmark for cash management, specific to your business needs.
- For best use of the CMMA, make sure you watch the webcast introductions beforehand.
Healthy Cash Flow Pillars
- When you complete the Cash Management Maturity Assessment (CMMA), you will be able to identify your organisation’s areas of strength and areas of improvement within the four pillars of cash flow management.
- Read through the module (PDF) to learn about specific strategies to improve your organisation’s capabilities with revenue growth, cost containment, cash flower levers and robust cash flow.
Factsheet: Cash Flow- Board Introduction
- A factsheet (PDF) designed to provide your Board members with a concise introduction to the four pillars of healthy cash flow management.
- The ‘key considerations’ can be used to promote directed discussion during your board meetings.
Factsheet: Cash Flow – Operation Managers Introduction
- A factsheet (PDF) designed to provide your operation managers with a concise introduction to cash flow management.
- The ‘key considerations’ will encourage your management team to start thinking about the changes that may be needed to implement effective cash flow management in your organisation.