Industry Development Fund
A $17m Industry Development Fund is in place to support initiatives to develop the NGO sector to achieve an integrated, efficient, innovative and robust service system. Work to reduce red tape in funding administration, and strategies to improve service quality, planning and compliance are also key to developing the capacity of the sector.
A Directions Report NSW Disability Service Sector - Directions for Industry Development released on 30 June 2010 describes the strategies that the sector, in partnership with ADHC will pursue with the use of the fund.
This report is a major achievement in delivering sector-led strategy.
It outlines six areas of focus for industry development in NSW:
- People with disability at the centre of service delivery;
- People with disability have access to the information and range of supports they need to live the lives they choose;
- High-performing organisations achieving real outcomes for people with disability;
- Robust planning and resource allocation decisions based on accurate data and evidence;
- Effective governance, leadership and management of the sector; and
- The workforce is skilled, capable and focused on people with disability.
For information on the IDF programs, news and resources go to the NDS website.