For event organisers
To make your event as inclusive as possible, it should be accessible to people with a disability and older people.
The event starter guide is a helpful NSW Government guide that covers the many areas of event organising, including documentation, safety and security, legal issues, organising volunteers and fundraising.
It also gives information on helpful accessibility considerations for event organisers, including:
- wheelchair accessibility
- hearing loops and sign language interpreters for people with hearing impairment
- public or private transport to and from your event
- special parking areas for people with disability
- accessible facilities such as toilets and food and drink counters
- special viewing areas for people with a disability
- regular resting spots along entrance and exit paths
- information in large print and/or Braille for people with a sight impairment drinking water and shade for guide dogs
- ticket pricing that includes admission for people with a disability and their carers.