Ageing, Disability & Home Care

Community Support Program

The Community Support Program (CSP) enables people with high support needs due to physical and/or neurological disability to live as independently as possible.

Consistent with Living Life My Way and Ready Together, the CSP provides individual funding and expands the choice and flexibility in how people use these funds. Refer to the Individual Funding Handbook for more information about managing individual funding.

The CSP has replaced the former High Needs Pool, Attendant Care and Young Onset Dementia Programs.

More information on this program can be found in the CSP Fact Sheet.

To apply for CSP support you need to contact your local FACS District office. Alternatively you can complete the CSP application form (PDF) and return it to your local FACS District.

Who is eligible?

To be eligible you must:

  • be aged 16 to 64 years
  • be a resident of NSW and an Australian citizen or have a permanent resident visa or a protected special category visa to live in Australia
  • have a permanent physical (often adult on-set) disability such as spinal cord injury, neurological degenerative condition, dementia or acquired brain injury
  • have significant personal support needs which require high level of personal care support in their everyday life
  • have living arrangements other than FACS provided or funded supported accommodation.

Choosing a Service Provider or Intermediary

  • Once you have been approved for a CSP package, you need to choose a funding arrangement option. Refer to the Choosing a funding arrangement fact sheet for more information.
  • Service providers approved by FACS to provide direct support services to people with physical or neurological disability and complex support needs are listed in the CSP service provider list. A list of organisations which are approved to provide intermediary services is available from the Choosing an Intermediary for Individual Funding booklet.
  • CSP Service providers are also listed as Intermediaries in the Choosing an Intermediary for Individual Funding booklet.
  • If you seek to receive and manage your own funds you need to refer to the Direct Payment Agreement Handbook (PDF).

Individual Funding

To find out more visit the individual funding web page.

Access to support or additional information

Contact your local Department of Family and Community Services (FACS) District: Look up your local district: Look up your local district.

share on facebook share on tweet share on yammershare by email
Back to: top | ADHC home page