FACS uses the Post School Programs Eligibility Assessment to determine whether you are eligible for a Transition to Work (TTW) or Community Participation (CP) program and, if eligible for CP, a funding band.
If you or your parent/guardian believe that your program or funding band allocation is not appropriate to meet your support needs you can request a review.
To request a review, you will need to complete the Review Information and Consent Form (PDF) and providing supporting information.
There are two types of reviews: program reviews and funding band reviews. The
information you need to include with your application will depend on which type of review you are requesting.
Your review is a program review if:
- you have been approved for a TTW program but you or your parent/guardian feel that you would be better suited to a CP program, or
- you were determined ineligible for a Post School Program but you or your parent/guardian feel that you would be suited to a TTW or CP Program.
For program reviews, you need to address the questions at Section 1 on page 3 of the Review Information and Consent Form (PDF)
If you have completed more than six months of your Transition to Work program and feel you would be better suited to Community Participation, you may need to request a transfer to Community Participation. This process is different to a Program Review. For more information, please speak with your service provider and contact the Post School Program Coordinator at your local FACS district office.
Note: If you have been approved for a CP program but you or your parent/guardian feel you would be better suited to the TTW program you do not need to request a review. You just need to inform your FACS District in writing that you want to participate in a TTW program and register with a TTW provider. We will confirm receipt of your advice and update your program allocation.
Funding band review
Your review is a funding band review if you have been approved for a CP program and you or your parent/guardian feel that your level of funding (known as your funding band) is not at the right level to meet your support needs.
For funding band reviews, you need to address the questions at Section 2 on page 3 of the Review Information and Consent Form (PDF).
The Community Participation program enables you to have a flexible program with individualised supports. You may choose to have more intensive supports and activities in place of more program hours. If you choose to have more intensive supports as part of your program and have fewer contact hours as a result, this is not a reason for review.
Community Participation funding bands are based on an individual’s assessed level of functional capacity, not on staff to client ratios (for example 1:1) or the number of program hours a person receives. Reviews can only be upheld where your supports needs cannot be met at your current funding band.
You can request a review at any time, there are no cut off dates.
Request for funding band reviews should be made after you have started your program. This gives you time to transition to your new CP service provider and settle into your program.
Funding band reviews will only be heard before you have started your program where circumstances are deemed urgent by the FACS District.
What happens after I have submitted my request for review?
- The FACS District will review your request to ensure all required information has been provided and that appropriate consent has been given. You will then be contacted to confirm receipt of your request for review. If insufficient information has been provided we will contact you to advise of the next step.
- A review panel (made up of two senior ADHC staff and an independent person from a consumer or disability organisation) will consider the information used to make the original decision and all new information submitted in the request for review.
- The review panel will make a recommendation that the original assessment outcome should change or stay the same.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your review in writing. A review outcome is final. Another review cannot be requested until 12 months after the review was heard and only when it is demonstrated that there has been a significant change in your support needs.